Thursday, June 25, 2009

I don't have to smell the roses

I don’t have to smell the roses
All I need are a few wildflowers
A broken limb held to the tree by a wild vine
A family of ducks pecking at the grass
A broken wooden fence scaling a weed filled acre
A lonely wispy cloud the single skies decoration
An early crescent moon pushing the sun down
A dirt road surrounded by wood
A single weed proclaiming its beauty among the grass
A floating feather from a winter flock
I don’t need to stop and smell the roses,
To realize a great artists work is continually being created all around me

2 comments:

  1. I really like it,despite the ending i felt sad though. I don't think that's what you intended but the images made me think that.

    Definitely a favorite line:
    A broken limb held to the tree by a wild vine

    really nice imagery

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh btw cheapo u just had to be 1 up didnt you!

    ReplyDelete