Monday, July 13, 2009

The Undying Love

I sit and listen to your cries as you long to break free
We both wish to be free
you from your cage, and me from my heart
The moaning cry echos through the cold empty room
empty as my heart is, which was once filled with you
The dragging, puttering thumps mimics my own heart
Once all was alive for you, now all is dead and rotting
My love for you is as your mangled flesh
hanging on to a lifeless form
I keep you free in the cage, yet trapped
by trapping you, I have trapped myself
For if the sever your head, they sever my heart
In cage I have confined you,
and in a cage you have my heart
Long will you live, alive with my love
and when it dies,
so will you


Just so you know this was a challenge topic from a friend, not something I was actually thinking about and wanting to write about :)

1 comment:

  1. Bravo Bravo Five Stars

    When I challenged you with it, I did not see it playing out that way.I enjoyed reading your unique perspective on it. Since there was alot of leeway in the way it could be written.

    ReplyDelete