Sunday, January 10, 2010

To know You More

Let me know what you think about this one. I only have a few written in this style. It has more of a storytelling rhyming style then most of my poems and its really long. I wonder if it is too long and if there is a better way to tell this story. I also don't want it to sound corny.

To know You More


I feel I've lost my first love
Somehow the gap is widening
I wonder what I really know about You
I know I still love You, but what more?

I feel a growing disconnection
I know it's me; I hear You calling.
I don't know how to answer.
I know You still love me.

I cry silently in the dark.
My heart sighs heavily.
Lost without answers,
A soul searching for more.

I know the "Sunday School" answers
I know the list "To Do"
With all I know about,
I still want to know more about You

I wish You could just be here
In front of me to talk
To give me a hug, a smile
That says it's alright

I turn in the dark
"Please God" I whisper
I just want to know You
Why can't You just come

Instead of a sign, vision, or calling
I sit thinking it's unfair
If only I could have been
One of the ones with You there

How close they had been
How much they must know You
Every moment with You
filled with hearts overflowing

When my mind is quiet and still
A whisper floats through
Not out of the dark
But softly on my heart

"All they know, felt about me, and more
I've given to you.
Together, for perfection, we wrote it.
It's there beside you, My love letter."

"I want you to know Me.
We wrote it for you.
The more you know Me,
The more you'll love Me, it's true."

I felt the warmth of a hug,
The freshness of a kiss.
I knew He had told me
All of this

With excitement inside
I turned on the light
And began to read, my heart yearning
To know You more

2 comments: