Tuesday, August 4, 2009

And they fashioned for themselves an Idol...And mine was called Love

You creep into my heart, I pretend not to notice
a slow obsession starts
I want to hold back, to fight and refrain
Love has no reason for obsession
My heart is already carefully held in tender hands
Held by the Beautiful one
I cannot, will not, must not, move Him or Replace Him
Always must He be first
In my heart, in my mind, in my body
The struggle continues all day, and into my dreams
I must hold you beneath Him
And idol must never grow from you, He is a jealous God
One small idol would soon grow to a consuming fire
I shall not give Him reason to be jealous
First must I seek Him, Him first must I love
I must only do and love for Him
This is where I must keep my focus
So that, whether imaginary or real,
Love does not become an idol

1 comment:

  1. Aww you miss someone, God did make us companions so we could be happy. Ironic God made us as a companion and yet we still needed companions.

    ReplyDelete