Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Emotional Trap

If only I could trap my emotions
Lure them into a trap
capture them, contain them
and study them like a map

I want to see which ones lie to me
As they lead me over the edge
The ones that look like a pleasant road
But if I follow, my soul ends up dead

I want to see which ones snare me
set tripwires, pitfalls, ditches, and holes
I want to be able to know
when I need to act with caution
When I need to start to walk slow

I want to see which ones are real
The ones that I need to follow and let guide me
the ones that will be harder to hang onto
but in the end worth it all

I want to know which ones will last
Not leave me confused, unsatisfied
I need to know which is steady
to be prepared, with no surprises ahead

I need to know which emotions to keep
I need to know which ones I can trust
I don't want to waste time fixing my mistakes
I don't want to be hurt, or hurt others, anymore

I want to trap my emotions in a bottle
And not use them until it is safe
Not use them until I am sure
which Emotions are Wrong or Right

1 comment:

  1. Walk the path with your mind
    Let your emotions sample everything
    Do not let your emotions hide
    Just be smart

    ReplyDelete