Thursday, October 9, 2008

Loves Quagmire

I saw you struggling 
I was scared
I held back

I am free

I let myself care for you
I was scared
I was cautious

I have a heart

I used my heart to help you
My feet are starting to stick

I wanted you to be free
I was scared
I opened up

I struggled to move closer to you
The thickening mud rooted still

You took my heart and used it
I was scared
I am broken

You moved as I reached for you
My empty hands fell into the mud

I am trapt

The more I struggle to be free
The deeper I sink
I am scared
I am bleeding

You seem to be enjoying the mud
you are lying to yourself
I don't lie to you

I see you at the edge
facing the other way
dancing
thinking you are free

Part of me wants to laugh at you
as you sink and sink
because of what I did for you

But the part of me that still bleeds
wants you to be free
Even after what you did to me





1 comment:

  1. I think this is a good one. Good use of imagery.

    ReplyDelete