Thursday, October 9, 2008

River of Dreams

River of Dreams

Dreams may come true, so they say,
But I'm still waiting for mine.
I wished upon a star, one bitter winter night
Then someone told me to stop reaching for the moon.
All I had ever wanted was a wish,
All I had ever needed was a dream.
But they lay in the night sky quietly blinking down at me
Who can touch the stars?
Who can reach the moon?
I stare at this lonely river and realize it is only me
I stand here, a heart filled with dying hopes
Staring at the unreachable jewels
My dreams seem so distant and far
For, reaching for your dreams
Is like reaching for the moon.
There reflecting on the river my hope sleeps
I step into the stars as they drift along
beside me. my legs wading deeper
and deeper into the rippling night.
I stride through the rushing current
My hands dive clasping cold moonlight.
I bathe in the soft silver stream
Holding now, in my hands, the moon



2003

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean you attain your dreams, once you actually reach for them? You do such a good job on imagery i know i comment on it alot but i really do like you describe things.

    ReplyDelete