Thursday, October 9, 2008

Old poems

Some really old poems
I think some of my first


Renewal



Sorrow this day,
as the hours roll away
and so weary I tread
my feet heavy as lead
and I cry out in pain,
But it all is in vain,
for my voice so still
echoes so shrill
to show only more my loneliness.

Then I laid on my bed,
as tears my eyes fled,
And I cried out to God
to help me fight against the odds-

I felt the tears wiped from my face,
and my body being embraced-
And my heart lifted anew,
and released forever from its pain



Love

Love unchanging, love remaining,
Here to stay with us all.
Threw every blessing and dreaded trial
Love is here all the while.

Though some may not se it,
Though heart breaks felt,
Love will come threw it
Leaving broken dreams forgotten.

Some will deny it. Some will refuse.
And some will end up unheeded broken and bruised;
But love will come threw it and shatter the doubts
For love is forever, wherever and whenever.

The smile

One forlorn smile,
Against the frowns of time,
Reaches across the mile,
And over the mountains climbs;
It deeps beneath the oceans
And fly’s above the clouds,
Then lovingly reaches and grasps away
The fears of a small child.




A rainbow in the clouds

A raindrop in the sun
A sprinkle of doubt in love
A rainbow in the clouds
A mended heart sealed stronger.

Justice

A sword in hand, the weight is laid,
To which side will the victim sway?
No escape can the guilty find,
And only the righteous will find peace of mind.


Sunday

The dawn is now breaking, the sun has not yet come.
Dew is on the roses; the mist blankets the land.
The church bells not yet rung, the town is yet asleep.
The birds are slowly waking, the insects begin to creep
Now dawn is coming for the beginning of the week.

It is the first day; it’s God’s day of rest.
The sun is slowly rising, the colors all aglow
The gray mist will rise, the lands be at there best.
The church bells begin to chime, In twinkling melody
To start again strong and burst forth with superiority.

The town is slowly rising; the drowse sleep is lifting
The birds are up and begin to sing while insects stretch their wings.
The sun id shining brightly, the warm glow alight
The flowers are all budding with beauty in full flight
‘Tis a beautiful day, ‘tis God’s Sunday.



Fantasy of the innocent

I hear the sweat words you say,
Words of love that lift my heart, As high as the sun-
I join him in his radiance, bursting forth with my joy and happiness
A happiness unimaginable.
As far out as the sea,
When standing on the edge of the waking tide
The words you say, so soft you whisper

2 comments:

  1. I like how you describe your happiness,comparing it to the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday

    Its remarkable well written. I always have trouble making the correct poetry rhyme. You did excellent in this one. :D Though I always sleep in on Sunday.

    The Smile

    Ahh the power of a smile for a child, what a wonderful thing.

    Love

    A beautifully innocent view on such a complex thing.Its nice to know how others perceive it.

    Renewal

    This poem isn't about your death is it?

    ReplyDelete